a wealth of opportunity

Driveways and Footpaths

Work on Council Land

Any work that is required to be carried out on Council's land, or that impact on Council infrastructure requires approval before work can commence. The Infrastructure & Engineering Department manage all applications to ensure that work is carried out in a safe manner and that hazards are minimised.

Approval needs to be obtained for any work that is outside your property boundary which may include driveway construction, concrete/paved walkway, private Stormwater outlet, underground electrical services, landscaping on verge, temporary occupation of Council land, traffic management and other miscellaneous work.

Driveways - Kerb Crossover or Crossing Place

A Kerb Crossover is the section of kerbing which is flat to allow access into your property, while the driveway.

A Crossing Place is the section of driveway from the Kerb Crossover to your property boundary which crosses the footpath area. In accordance with the Local Government Act it is the responsibility of the property owner to construct and maintain their driveway Crossing Place.

Kerb Crossover

If you wish to construct or alter a Kerb Crossover you are required to sumbit an application and obatin approval from Council.

Where there is no Kerb Crossover to a property and the property does not have a roll over kerb (drivable layback kerb), Council will provide an Kerb Crossover subject to the property owner covering all addition cost to bring the driveway entrance up to the minimum standard.

Crossing Place

If you wish to construct or alter a Crossing Place you are required to submit an application and obatin approval from Council.

The minimum standard of a driveway Crossing Place accepted by Council is concrete from kerb to boundary to a depth of at least 100mm, with a surface structure of good quality and free of any obstructions and tripping hazards. Driveway Crossing Places of asphalt or block pavers over a suitably constructed base are also acceptable.

In areas such as industrial, reinforcing mesh may be requested as a minimum in driveways at the discretion of the Manager Infrstructure & Engineering Services.


Can I do any landscaping works on the road verge in front of my house?

Road verges, also called nature strips, are Council property from the road to the property line. The Council encourages property owners to maintain their verge to add to the beauty of their streetscape, however before any planting, landscaping or tree removal takes place you must received Council approval.

Please submit your application in writting. Applications can be dropped into the Administration Office or emailed to council@ceduna.sa.gov.au

How can I make a maintenance request?

Maintenance requests require a written submission.

Street Trees

If you would like a street tree removed you must apply to the Council using the 'Street Tree Removal' form. The form is available in the Related Links section to the right.

All maintenance requests can be dropped into the Administration Office or emailed to council@ceduna.sa.gov.au 

District Council of Ceduna
44 O'Loughlin Terrace
(PO Box 175) Ceduna SA 5690
Contact Us
Tel: (08) 8625 3407
Available 24/7
Tel: 08 8625 3407 Available 24/7